

Well, we did it! And I mean “we” as in all of you. One thing that is so obvious is that in order to touch people on this kind of scale we all need to come together to make it happen. You have laid out a banquet before many that will never be able to repay, but were so appreciative of your kindness. Our reward won’t necessarily be in this life, but the reward is there nonetheless. Then Jesus said to his host, "When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous." Luke 14:12-14
Here are a few praise reports. Let’s keep our eyes and hearts focused on serving others! “I watched Coleen Van Nostrand for awhile. Her seamless service was incredible. She drew no attention to herself ever and did heavy work with grace and did it appearing as though it were effortless...but I have a brain in my head...she was carrying heavy things and in hot places and the beauty and grace of Christ was all over her. I was blessed and strengthened just by seeing her. I keep seeing her and praying for that same grace and beauty to be in me that I saw in her and for Christ to refresh her.”“The table of people I served were, all but three, unable to get up and serve themselves. Each of them were filled with joy from God. They each wanted to know something different about our church. One wanted to know who the chef was and how he could make so much delicious food at once. One wanted to know who the pastor was and what time church was. One wanted to know if she could give a donation...she could only whisper and asked if I would pray that she would live to be able to come next year. The gentleman in the walker loved the worship music. I was running around getting things for each of them and at the end they were very surprised to find out that one of my family was the pastor ;) I gave a specific word of blessing that God was giving to me to each one as it was clear that was real receptivity for that and then went into the other room to serve there. It seems to just get better each year....though it is so good I don't know how that happens. God knows.”

“One thing that comes to mind is a conversation I had with an elderly gentleman named Paul, who talked about the importance of praising the Lord during the day with mind and spirit, and mentioned how others can see this in the Spirit, even though they may not recognize what it is, that this attitude of praise brings light to the world. It just confirmed what I've been hearing from the Lord recently, that the louder and more steadfastly we praise Him, seeking gratitude whatever the circumstance, the more confounded the enemy becomes.” “I think my donation story was really neat, and really made me realize that the leading of the Holy Spirit is so subtle but so persistent.I had a list of possible stores to call and had calledthem all except Rite-aid... the number I had was the automated answering service at the pharmacy and for some reason I decided not to pursue it. I'll be honest I was kinda pushing down a feeling that I should pursue it.
The last day when I was picking up the donations I had received I just felt really compelled to call rite aid again, and after patiently waiting through the automated system I was connected to a person who happened to be the manager. Well, after talking to him he said it was too late to send a donation request to corporate, but if I were to come in he would donate something out if his own pocket. I didn't know what to expect, but I had a feeling he was going to be generous. I met him and told him about what the dinner was all about, and I got the feeling he was a Christian. He said something about how he could tell me all about his past and how he got to where he was today, but there was no need. Then he handed me a $100 dollar bill and said that was what he had decided to give!! I was quick to shower him with thank yous and God bless yous, but his response was"Faith without works is dead!" So true...God bless Dave the manager of Rite-Aid.”
“I was having a conversation with one of the men who had come for dinner, and then he and his friend wanted to help clean up, so they came back . . . helped to put away tables etc. They were getting ready to leave and I thanked them for their help and one of the men began sharing his story. He said he was only fearful of one thing . . . the wrath of God. He said he believed in Jesus and I assured him that by believing in Jesus, the wrath was no longer applicable. After he was done, I invited him to come on Sunday and he promised he would. I hope to see him at the service.” “It seems that every year when we take dinners out to I.V., we have the exact amount needed. I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, we were heading back home from I.V. with four dinners leftover. When we entered the church parking lot to drop someone off, we noticed a car pull up, and a family of four pile out. They looked a little lost so I asked if I could help. They said they came for the Thanksgiving dinner. When I told them that it was all over and everything was closed up, their expressions turned despondent. But then I remembered that I had four meals leftover - just the right amount!
This year, when we left I.V., we had only one meal leftover. As we were driving home, Douglas remembered that he had promised someone, who was disabled, a Thanksgiving meal. He had recently undergone surgery for breast cancer and was getting ready to have a kidney transplant when he was run over by a car in front of his house. Although he was in a tremendous amount of pain from his cracked ribs, he was elated to have this surprise gift show up at his doorstep. He couldn't stop thanking us for the meal. It seems to me that there is just as much thanksgiving to God for having the opportunity to represent Him in giving, as it is to be the recipient
of a gift from Him.”“I am extremely grateful that I belong to a church body that welcomes and supports all of us that the Lord isn't quite finished with yet; a place where we can come as we are and be accepted and loved and continue to grow.” For more photos. Thank you!

No comments:
Post a Comment